Welcome, Melisa. I'm thrilled to have you drop in today to share about your book being on Kindle Scout. I know I nominated it and I hope many of my blog's readers do as well. In addition to information about how we can nominate your story, what we readers get if our nominated book wins, and your wonderful giveaway, is there anything else you'd like to share with us today?
Hi Brenda! Thank you for having me as your guest today. Since we're so close to the holidays, I'd like to share my homemade squash soup recipe. Enjoy!
Roasted Squash Soup
· 2 acorn squash
· 1 bulb garlic
· 4 Anaheim peppers
· Olive oil
· 1 large yellow onion (chopped) or 4 shallots (chopped)
· 1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
· 1/4 cup flour
· 1 cup white wine
· 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
· 2 cups heavy cream
· Pinch of white pepper
· Pinch of nutmeg
· Pinch of allspice
· Pinch of paprika
· Pinch of black pepper
· Sea salt to taste
· 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Arrange on cookie sheet.
3. Cut top off garlic and arrange on cookie sheet.
4. Wash peppers. Arrange on cookie sheet.
5. Drizzle olive oil over everything on the cookie sheet.
6. Roast for 30 minutes, turning peppers at the 15 minute mark.
7. While everything is roasting, melt butter in a large stock pot on low heat.
8. Sauté onion or shallots in butter.
9. Mix in flour to form a roux.
10. Slowly add white wine, stirring constantly to dissolve the roux.
11. Add broth. Simmer on low.
12. Place peppers in a sealed Ziploc bag. Sweat for 15-20 minutes.
13. Remove squash from skin and place in a stock pot.
14. Remove garlic from skin and place in stock pot.
15. Put on kitchen gloves and deseed peppers. Place under cold water to remove skins. Add to stock pot.
16. Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend thoroughly. If using a food processor, be sure to cool to room temperature before blending.
17. Add spices to soup. Adjust to taste.
18. Return stockpot to low heat. Simmer on low heat for a couple hours. Lid off so the soup reduces.
19. An hour prior to serving, increase temperature slightly.
20. Add cream and Parmesan cheese, stirring to dissolve.
21. Serve while warm. Top with cooked pancetta or chopped crispy bacon.
Sounds delicious, Melissa. I can't wait to try it out. Now how about you tell us a little about your story.
Book #2 in the Loki's Wolves series
Genre: Norse folklore fantasy
Number of pages: 375 approx.
Word Count: 95,000
Cover Artist: Farah Evers
Goodreads Want to Read
Logline: One man dares defy Fate.
Survival demands sacrifices; healing requires forgiveness.
Men revere him; monsters fear him. Jake Barrett, the notorious Hunter King, values loyalty to family and followers above all else. When the daughter of his closest ally murders Daniel, his oldest son, it sets off a chain reaction of violence and destruction that claims the lives of both wolves and hunters. Determined to avenge his son, Jake seeks the truth at any cost.
After losing her lover and then her mate, Victoria Storm simply wants to get on with building a new life in Sierra Pines, California. A vengeful Jake Barrett and his organization aren't going to make that easy, especially with the unwelcome attraction between her and the Hunter King's second son. Perils beyond the mortal coil plague Victoria.
When the Norse Fates predict Victoria will destroy the world, her duties as a priestess of Freya come into conflict with her responsibilities as a Valkyrie of Odin. When they tell her she will do it to save her unborn child, she's not so sure they are wrong.
Sawyer Barrett has been trying to kill Victoria for so long, he doesn't know whether he loves her or hates her. Desperate to end the war, he's willing to take chances with everything–except his heart. The hunter harbors a deadly secret he can't reveal without risking the ceasefire and his life.
At Sawyer's urging, Victoria agrees to peace talks with Jake. All the while, an ancient vampire plots the destruction of wolves and hunters alike. If the embittered rivalry between hunters and wolves doesn't end—and fast—there is no hope for Victoria's pack... or for their world.
Tags: #Fantasy #Amreading #Kindle @MelissaSnark
Promo Tweet: One man dares defy Fate. Please nominate BATTLE CRY on #KindleScout.#Fantasy #Norse #amreading @MelissaSnark