Title: Hearts In Harmony (A Five Senses Novel Book #2)
Author: Gemma Brocato
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publish Date: May 5, 2014
Publisher: Lyrical an imprint of Kensington
Pippa Sanders’ life is filled with songs of leaving, longing and loneliness. Since the death of her husband, her children have been her world. She’ll do anything to protect them, including encasing her heart in ice until they’re college age. She’s made a practice of shying away from any relationship that could break her heart when it ends. And it’s worked so far.
Clay Mathers has made a temporary move to Granite Pointe, Massachusetts to help with his mother’s Christmas tree farm while she recovers from a stroke. Although his long-range plans don’t include staying in the small town, a little female companionship during his short residency would be welcome. While on duty as sentry against protestors at a military funeral, he finds Pippa visiting her husband’s grave, and begins a campaign to make her into a friend–with benefits.
What starts as a simple affair evolves to something more, something that changes the soundtracks of both their lives…the beating of two hearts in harmony.
CONTENT WARNING: Contains strong language, hot sex and a spicy hero.
Amazon | Itunes | Kobo |Barnes and Noble | All Romance Ebooks
About the Author
Gemma's favorite desk accessories for many years were a circular wooden token, better known as a 'round tuit,' and a slip of paper from a fortune cookie proclaiming her a lover of words; some day she'd write a book. All it took was a transfer to the United Kingdom, the lovely English springtime, and a huge dose of homesickness to write her first novel. Once it was completed and sent off with a kiss, even the rejections addressed to 'Dear Author' were gratifying.
After returning to America, she spent a number of years as a copywriter, dedicating her skills to making insurance and the agents who sell them sound sexy. Eventually, her full-time job as a writer interfered with her desire to be a writer full-time and she left the world of financial products behind to pursue an avocation as a romance author.
Her gamble paid off when she was a 2012 Finalist in the prestigious Golden Pen contest for Romantic Suspense and she received contracts for her first and second book.
Author's Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Website
Be sure to enter my Rafflecopter drawing for a chance to win the grand prize pack worth $100. Each item in the pack has some significance to the story. I’ll be drawing one random winner on May 31. Good Luck.
Six Fun Facts about character (s)
Thanks so much for having me over today. I’m delighted to introduce Hearts In Harmony to you. Today I’d like to share six fun facts about my hero, Clay Mathers.
1. Clay was meant to be the most alpha of alpha males. Gruff, base, and a mouth like an Army Ranger. He’s a patriot and fiercely loyal to his country and willing to drop everything like a bad habit whenever he is called to duty, even though he’s been out of active duty for a number of years. He still consults with several three-letter D.C. agencies. He is considered a master strategist and an asset to the team.
2. All his bluster covers the soft, gooey center of him. He might love his country, but he loves his mother, Seeley, more. He willingly gave up his carefree bachelor life to rush to her side when she suffered a stroke. Stepping in to help run Seeley’s Christmas tree farm while she recovers, he meets and is instantly attracted to her Music Therapist, Pippa Sanders. His early encounters with Pippa are a perfect example of his hard candy coating. Peeling away the rough edges was a real treat for me.
3. Clay is an author of military style adventure stories, but his career got off to a rocky start. He tried to write in the science fiction genre at first, because he’d been a huge fan of William Shatner’s TekWar series about a hard-boiled detective from the 22nd century. Fortunately for the world, there is only one William Shatner, and Clay selected an alternative genre.
4. Living on a houseboat wasn’t his first choice of abode, But he discovered that the marina life worked for him. His boat is docked near the nation’s capitol, where it’s convenient for his consulting business. It is also a great place for him to write since he doesn’t require anything more than a mobile hotspot on his phone to get online and do his work. He doesn’t know how it happened that he picked a boat, because he hates fishing.
5. He is a fan of classic rock and roll, but can’t really sing. And he’ll only play air guitar when he is completely alone. It’s that hard candy coating thing again.
6. When he first met Pippa, the attraction was instant. The second time they ran into each other, he learned she has twin six-year old kids. Even though he was an only child, he never longed for siblings. But the second he met the kids, he was drawn to them. Clay had never seen himself as a father, but the idea grew on him until it became a solid fact in his life. He wanted Pippa and her ready-made family. Plus maybe one or two more. And that makes his mom very happy.
Aw - you just gotta love a man who loves his mother and will work to make her happy. Personally, I think Clay is a keeper.