Title: Beautiful Dreams (The Beautiful Series #3)
Author: Alicia Rae
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date: January 20, 2014
Event Organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
Kyle has mended Lily’s broken heart, and as they have fallen in love, all she dreams of is finally having her happily ever after.
But as time goes on, Lily can no longer ignore the desire to know more about Kyle's past. When she learns more, she will discover if she can heal Kyle’s heartache as he has done for her.
Will his secrets break them apart? Or will their love be enough to strengthen their bonds?
~About the Author ~
Alicia Rae is a Contemporary Romance Author who lives in Dekalb, Illinois, with her husband and three beautiful boys. Alicia has a passion for reading all types of romance, writing to bring a story to life, and photography.
Thank you to my dear sister, Kels, who showed me a few years ago how much I truly missed reading. And to my loving husband, for not throwing away my Nook, and planting the seed of writing into my mind. I am forever grateful. Xo
Readers, words cannot thank you enough for supporting me along this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I do writing them. I thank each and every one of you.
Believe in yourself and follow your dreams...
Top Ten Pieces of Advice for Aspiring Authors
1. Take a chance, and follow your dreams.
2. The hardest part is to start. Grab a notebook or laptop and start an outline or jot down storyline ideas.
3. Open up your mind and let your characters speak to you.
4. Join a writers group for support.
5. Let a close friend read your work. Words of affirmation can work wonders.
6. When you feel like you’ve reached a dead-end, take a break and come back to it when you are ready with a clear mind.
7. When you feel like quitting, push through your fears and hesitations.
8. Block out all the negative and focus on the positive parts of writing.
9. Read your work again and again until you feel it’s perfect.
10. Research all of your resources and find out what works best for you. Who you work with is very important.
11. When you finally make it to the end of the road, do a happy dance J
Top Five Things I Love About my Characters…
1. Their immediate attraction to one another because it’s my favorite type of books to read. When I started The Beautiful Series, Kyle and Lily naturally came to me that way.
2. Kyle and Lily’s balance of chemistry and friendship. As in any relationship, I think it’s essential to have both. During proof reading, I always find myself blushing one minute and laughing out loud at their playfulness the next. My husband just gives me this funny look. It’s great.
3. Kyle and Lily’s support for each other. I hope to inspire others that no matter how rough life is at times, you can lean on your partner in a time of need. Relationships are a give and take.
4. The emotional growth between Kyle and Lily has greater depth than I originally planned for this novel. It’s a love story, yet so much more. I can’t wait to write the rest of their journey.
5. Family dynamics are such a huge role in our lives, and I look forward to expanding on Kyle and Lily’s families in the future. ;)
Within inches of the door, Kyle stopped and spun around to face me, his eyes staring into the depths of mine. He dropped the luggage in his grasp, the thump echoing off the walls of the garage, and his hand lifted to caress my cheek.
He smiled affectionately at me. “Ready?”
I nodded shyly. “Ready,” I answered.
He cupped my chin and bent down to place a gentle kiss on my lips before pulling back to look at my eyes. “Welcome home, beautiful.”
“Thank you,” I said before closing the distance between us for another kiss.
Kyle wrapped his arms around my waist and hauled my body against his. I locked my hands around his nape and kissed him with such fervor. His mouth was warm and sweet, and his kiss instantly settled the nerves in the pit of my stomach.
Kyle lifted me, and I squealed in surprise. I enclosed my legs around his hips as he turned to open the door with me in his arms.
Laughing, I tightened my grip to hold on to him. “What are you doing?” I screeched.
The door swung wide open as he turned his gaze back on me. “Carrying you over the threshold,” he answered, releasing a carefree boyish grin.
With a smile, I rolled my eyes at him. “That’s for the honeymoon.”
Kyle shook his head in disagreement. “Nope, I refuse to believe that. It’s for moving in together, too.” He winked and took the first step inside the house.
“If you say so,” I chuckled.